Construction of the plant has begun. The facility will recycle more than 90 thousand tons of chicken litter annually. It will produce and transport renewable natural gas, crystallize and transfer phosphorous for farmers in the Midwest, and provide the remaining digestate as soil amendment to area farmers.
In addition, the facility will also generate 2 MW of electricity that will be used to power the facility.
- Recycling of more than 90 thousand tons of chicken litter annually
- Production and transport of renewable natural gas for the region
- Crystallization and transport phosphorus for farmers in the Midwest
- Production of soil amendment to better meet the needs of farmers on the Delmarva Peninsula
- 2 MW of electricity generation to power the facility
- Location: 9434 Old Princess Anne Road in Westover, Maryland 21871
- Construction: Began in 2018
- In-service Date: By 2020
- Employment: More than 15 new full-time jobs
- Capital Cost: $60 million